- Front takedown pin replacement – in heavily regulated states AR-15 owners are now opening their receivers with great frequency. A more durable pin system is needed to prevent undue wear on the forward pivot point – the upper receiver’s take down pin hole
- Lubricated captive bearing reduces wear – standard steel front takedown pins bear directly on the holes in the aluminum receivers. PIN PAL bears on a lubricant infused bearing
- Fits any standard ar-15 configuration – easily installs on virtually all AR-15/M4 weapons. The Captive Bearing can be press fit into any upper receiver without special tools
- Won’t permanently alter your weapon – If you decide to go with a different setup on your weapon, PIN PAL is easily removed and returned to the manufacturer’s factory set-up
- 4140 ordnance steel – our front takedown pin is machined from 4140 steel with a melonite hard-coating for durability. Our MIL-SPEC Captive Bearing is made from oil-infused, porous metal for reduced friction
The AR-15 was not intended to be opened by the user with great frequency. Increased use translates into increased wear on the upper receiver’s takedown pin hole. Cross Armory’s PIN PAL transfers the rotational wear from a steel pin bearing on the aluminum receiver to a steel pin bearing on a pre-lubricated MIL-SPEC metal bearing, keeping your gun as tight as it was from the factory.